Laser hair removal is a process wherein a focused beam of light and heat is used to remove the unwanted hair in the treated body area. This beam of concentrated light is absorbed by the hair in the treated area and burns the hair follicle to prevent hair from regrowth and result in a last-longing solution. Many people are often hesitant to this process of hair removal treatment because they wonder whether the procedure is painful. But with the ever-growing change in the technology, this process is painless and protects the skin against pigmentation called melanin, also reducing the ingrown hair problem.
Is laser hair removal a permanent solution?
Nowadays, the biggest misconception about laser hair removal treatment is; Whether it is a once and for all a permanent solution to hair removal?. So, clarifying the confusion: Laser hair removal controls the hair follicles located just below the skin by using a mild form of radiations to provide a long-lasting solution. However, the hair from the destroyed follicle will not grow back if the patient attends the scheduled maintenance session frequently which could gradually reduce the amount of hair reduction to 90% effectively after 6-8 sessions. However, hormonal changes also affect hair regrowth, especially in women post-pregnancy such instances of hair regrowth is seen only on hormonal dependent areas which can be easily dealt with follow-up sessions.
Top 3 Benefits of laser hair removal:
Ideally, laser treatments are quite effective to treat unwanted hair in the overall area of the body, except the eyelid or surrounding sensitive areas. However, commonly treated locations would include legs, underarms, hands, lower face, bikini area, chest etc.
- The hair removal treatment visibility is more effective for individuals with forever and thicker
- Laser treatment if processed correctly is the safest and reliable option in comparison with using traditional methods such as waxing, shaving or using epilators which is a more painful and repetitive process.
- Small sections, including the upper lip, can be treated in less than a minute or so and similarly, large areas in the body such as the back, legs may go beyond an hour
Main factors that influence the longevity of laser hair removal sessions:
Advancements in laser technology have made the hair removal process much easier but there are few disturbances that majorly impact the overall procedure making it less successful and sustainable.
- Lack of technician skill and update in the technology
- Hormonal imbalance and other health issues
- Poor hair follicle strength
Guide to prepare before laser hair removal treatment:
Typically a patient can observe a reduction of 70%-90% of hair in the treated areas of the body. During the laser treatment, the setting methods used in different areas of the body will play a major factor in the amount of hair reduction a particular patient would see. For instance, hair growth on the facial area is a hormonal issue and would require more attention to detail by scheduling follow-up treatment to keep the hair at bay.
At Dermiq, we ensures in providing a to-do check before starting the treatment procedure:
- We discuss with our patients’ benefits, exceptions and include what kind of laser treatment suits best for their skin
- We advise to also limit waxing, shaving procedure before six weeks of the treatment
- Additionally, six weeks before and after the treatment, you must not take sun exposure to avoid complications
- We use advanced laser technologies and appoint highly credible doctors to assist every
Wondering if laser hair removal is the right choice for you?
Laser hair removal treatment is convenient yet cost-effective & permanent as it is a one-time investment which results in reducing your salon visits for the longest time possible.
At Dermiq, we aim to provide laser hair removal treatment that increases the patient’s settings in order to receive maximum results. However, the setting methods used will help in effectively diminishing most of the hair follicles in the treated area and provide greater hair reduction results. Thus, our team of experts are certified professionals who are skilled and have the experience to suggest the best end-result solutions to the patients by thoroughly analysing their skin type and hair growth as well as delivering the right kind of information, making your laser hair removal treatment reliable and sustainable.
Interested to learn more about how laser hair removal treatment can reduce hair growth effectively? We got this sorted for you! Book an appointment with one of our licensed laser practitioners and they will be delighted to help you reduce unwanted hair and make further maintenance far feasible and easy.