- Do not shave, wax, or use epilator to remove body hair at least 2 weeks before the session
- Stop retinoid, pigmentations creams, acid-based cosmetics at least 5 days before your treatment, or as suggested by your dermatologist
Unwanted hair treatment – Laser Hair Removal
For many men and women, hair removal is a never-ending, time-consuming and laborious process, but it needn’t be such a hardship. Laser Hair Reduction treatment at Dermiq drastically reduces unwanted hair.
To achieve long lasting or permanent hair reduction, it is necessary to destroy the hair follicle from which individual hairs grow. Carefully selected and controlled pulses of light penetrate the epidermis and are absorbed by only melanin in the hair contained in the follicle, making it one of the safest treatments in the aesthetic field. This heat is transferred to the hair follicle, which is destroyed, making it unable to produce new hair.
Laser hair removal offers practically, painless permanent hair reduction delivering touchable, soft, smooth skin.
A minimum of 6 to 8 sessions is usually required. Some may need up to 8-10 sessions.
A top up session is required once a year after that to maintain the results.
Hairs will reduce in the treatment area after every session and it will become finer giving permanent results.
What are the preparations and instructions before coming for the LHR procedure?
What happens during laser hair removal treatment?
- Skin will be cleansed over and any hair will be shaved.
- A white pen will be used to map out the correct target area.
- Ultrasound gel will be applied to the skin with a spatula and then the laser head will be positioned on the skin.
- The sensation is practically pain-free similar to that of a rubber band snapping on your skin.
Some redness may occur after treatment; however, this will subside within 12-24 hours.
What are the benefits for the LHR treatment?
What to expect during a laser hair removal session?
What happens when laser hair reduction treatment is done?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Since this is an outpatient procedure you will be given sun-screen to continue with your day’s schedule
- Mild redness can be observed for a few hours soon after the procedure
- Very few people may also see temporary lightening or darkening of the treated skin area but it goes away on its own
- Mild pain or discomfort is also felt in less than 5% of clients but this can be soothed by cold-compress or topical gels
The chances of permanent side effects are extremely rare since USFDA approved laser technology, stringent protocols and highest standards of care and hygiene are maintained by DermiQ staff. Scarring can be seen in 5% of the cases with extremely sensitive skin but they are identified at the patch test stage and necessary precautions are taken.
Since Laser only targets the hair in anagen stage of their cycle so multiple sessions are needed for permanent removal of unwanted hair. The number of sessions also depend upon the thickness & coarseness of hair, sex, areas of body to be treated and other health conditions. Usually 8-12 sessions and few maintenance sessions are recommended for permanent hair removal.
- Do not clean the treated area with hot water for at least 12 hours post procedure
- You may use normal water but the dermatologist will suggest the right time and method of cleaning the area
- Apply cold compress for mild redness which is common soon after the procedure. If you feel anything severe then contact DermiQ
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and use prescribed sun-block cream
- Avoid makeup or perfumes on the treated area of the body for at least 24 hours
- Avoid sauna, steam or workout for at least 24 hours post procedure
- Avoid parlor services for at least 1 week or as suggested by your dermatologist
- Do not use any traditional method of hair removal between 2 sessions, your dermatologist may prescribe best method for the same
- You will see shedding of hair from treated areas within 2-3 weeks post 1st session
- Regrowth occurs 4-6 weeks after the session but you will see the hair thins out and reduces in volume
Spacing between sessions is usually 4-10 weeks but it may vary depending upon your skins response to the previous session
During the treatment, a cool gel is applied to the skin so that the laser device glides over the target area easily, several times. You may feel a warm sensation, but the heat is bearable and not painful.
Our lasers meet the highest of safety standards and our team is highly experienced in providing the best treatment, for the best results. You will not experience any side effects.
Around 6-8 sessions are recommended. We will take a look at the area you would like laser hair removal treatment at your consultation and advise on if this differs.
Laser hair removal hurts less than waxing, but you will feel some picky sensation on your skin.
Before & After
Our clients Success Stories
Here is what our Happy Patients have to say..