Hair plays a major role in anybody’s life especially since good healthy hair not only gives confidence but also elegance. For women, it is said that hair is the crowning glory. So, when hair loss sets in for many people, it brings a big setback. Hair fall can be found or distributed across the scalp and can be permanent or temporary. Inheritance-induced hair loss (heredity) is a common reason and some prefer to live with it, while others approach doctors for help. The latter is always better.
Reasons behind Hair Loss
There are many reasons or causes for hair loss both in men and women. Few of them are as described below;
- Health condition and hormonal imbalance: Hair fall can happen especially if one has hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, or it can happen during pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause. All of these medical conditions that initiate hair fall can be treated and the amount of hair lost in the process can be restored. Notably, if one is diagnosed with other than these medical conditions such as alopecia areata, trichotillomania, in which hair fall is found, one should immediately see a doctor for treatment.
- Post stressful conditions: A huge hair loss is found after an episode of surgery, emotional or physical shock. Nevertheless such a form of hair fall is typically reversible.
- Side effects of prescribed medications: The main reason of hair fall is due to the intake of medications for treating conditions such as depression, cancer, heart problems, asthma, high blood pressure and gout. It has been observed that once the treatment has been stopped, the growth of hair gets better.
- Genetics: Genetics or hereditary family history plays a part in the development of baldness, and it is generally seen in men rather than in women.
- Deficiency of Nutrients: It has been seen that hair loss happens when there is lack of adequate vitamins and minerals from the food one takes or when harsh crash diets are followed.
- Hair styling and Treatments: Hair dye chemicals, straightening, tight ponytails, hot air blow-drying can cause hair to fall out and needs to be addressed to prevent permanent hair loss.
Hair Loss Symptoms
Depending on what’s causing it, hair loss can occur in several distinct ways. Moreover hair loss is being observed in this generation as early as 25 years when compared to the older generations at 55 years, making it a more common issue these days.
A serious symptom of hair loss with additional signs such as hand full of hair while combing or washing hair, receding hairline in males, thinning of hair on top of the head, circular or patchy bald spots will be losing above 50-150 strands a day. Following are the main symptoms or signs of hair loss;
- Slow thinning at the top of the head: This is the most prevalent cause of hair loss, impacting individuals as they age. In males, hair starts to recede on the forehead at the hairline while in women it is generally noticed in the middle of the scalp. A receding hairline is an increasingly prevalent hair loss phenomenon in older women.
- Patchy or circular bald spots: Some people lose hair on their scalp in circular or patchy bald spots. Before the hair falls out, the skin can become itchy or painful.
Treatment for Hair Loss
There are many treatment options for hair loss but the best hair loss treatment in Hyderabad would be PRP Hair Treatment. We at Dermiq provide you the best PRP treatment for hair loss.
PRP Hair Treatment
As an innovative treatment for treating patterned hair loss, hair thinning or receding hairline and providing successful natural hair regrowth outcomes, platelet-rich plasma therapy or (PRP) is gaining popularity. PRP hair treatment is a four-step process and is described as below;
Step 1: Collection of blood sample- Your doctor will take a 20-ml blood sample as the first stage in the PRP hair loss treatment process.
Step 2: Platelets Separation– For the removal of platelets from the blood, dermatologists use the centrifuge process. The double spin technique ensures that platelets that are abundant in growth factors are optimally concentrated.
Step 3: PRP Extraction from the Blood and Activation- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is collected by doctors from the remaining Platelet Poor Plasma (PPP) layers and red blood cells in the tube. Trichologists stimulate growth factors in the plasma using an activating agent prior to injecting the PRP into the scalp of a patient.
Step 4: Injection of PRP into the affected area-In the last step, with the use of micro needles, dermatologists inject the PRP extracted from the blood firmly into the infected region of the scalp. Your dermatologist will administer local anesthesia to the margin of the scalp before injecting the platelet-rich plasma, so you do not feel any discomfort.
How much does PRP Hair Loss Treatment cost in Hyderabad?
In Hyderabad, the average cost of PRP hair treatment in several hair clinics ranges from Rs.3, 000-Rs.15,000 per session. A number of factors determine the price of this treatment, including the following:
- Dermatologist’s expertise or clinic’s credibility
- Equipment quality
- Required number of sessions
Who are not the suitable candidates for PRP therapy?
For the following persons, the PRP hair treatment procedure is not necessary.
- Chain Smokers or heavy smokers.
- Diagnosed with medical conditions such as cancer, platelet deficiency, hypofibrinogenemia, thrombocytopenia, sepsis, hemodynamic instability, chronic liver disease and acute infections.
- Undergoing anti coagulation therapy and on blood thinners.
The best non-surgical treatment option for acute hair thinning and reversing balding is PRP. If a receding hairline and growing hair loss are found, then consult today with an experienced trichologist at Dermiq and find out if PRP treatment is acceptable for you. Not only that we at Dermiq also advise you an excellent balanced diet, how to practice a healthy lifestyle and also give you suggestions for following the best hair care routine.
How should I get started?
You may fill out the online appointment request or call 09121219123 to get an appointment with the specialist dermatologist at Dermiq at your chosen time and convenience.