What is acne scar & different types of acne scars?
Acne scars are the scars left behind by moderate to severe types of acne which are inflammatory in nature. These are formed due to the skins natural tendency to repair itself by forming collagen fibers. However, for deeper lesions of acne, this natural skin repair results in the formation of deeper scars.
Different types of acne scars are –
- Ice pick scars – These are narrow, deep and pitted just like open deep pores
- Rolling scars – These are broader depressions with gently sloping edges
- Boxcar scars – Scars with sharp edges and broad depressions
- Atrophic scars – These are flat and thin scars
- Hypertrophic or keloid scars – These are tissue scars having thick formations with a lump
What are stretch marks and how are they formed?
Stretch marks are also known as striae. They occur as long streaks with lighter lesions that appear disfigured. Common causes of stretch marks are
- Pregnancy as it causes the skin to expand and contract thus leaving behind stretch marks
- Puberty as hormonal imbalance may cause stretch marks
- Sudden weight gain causes the skin to expand and result in stretch marks
- Certain cosmetics containing steroids can cause stretch marks
- Some medical conditions and drugs can also cause stretch marks
What are the treatment options for acne scars?
Acne scars can have a range of treatments based on their type and severity. These include
How can stretch marks be treated effectively?
Can home remedies treat acne scars and stretch marks?
Home remedies can aggravate your acne scars and stretch marks. They can also cause severe outbreak of scars and marks on your skin. Natural remedies or old school theories are not just ineffective but also result in worsening of your skin condition. There are no studies or theories which prove any of the home remedy or over-night treatment was ever successful. So do not fall prey to these gimmicks and visit an expert to treat your skin effectively.
Why Dermiq for acne scars and stretch marks treatment?
Dermiq brings world-class treatments and expert dermatologists to help treat acne scars and stretch marks from the skin. Our treatments are guided by stringent protocols and we follow highest levels of hygiene and care for our clients. We bring best in class treatments at affordable prices in your city.