Do you dream of having a healthy scalp without any traces of hair loss? Sudden hair loss or bald spots may involve symptoms of gradually thinning the texture of your hair. With this you may notice a strip or patch hair that appears to start falling with each passing day. Here are a few reasons and measures which could be followed for a healthy strong hair before it is too late.
Experiencing a few strands of hair in the brush comb is normal, but what if a person starts losing hair unusually and abnormally? this becomes the cause of major concern. Hair loss can gradually develop over the passing years and increase abruptly. Thus, it is impossible to have a count of how much hair you could lose on a particular day? This might just increase the stress levels more when you notice a large amount of hair fall while washing or clumps of hair tangled in the comb brush. However, such size reduction of the hair follicles leads to alopecia which occurs common due to genetically induced patterned hair loss, where 95% causes due to alopecia (balding) and about 5% depends on factors such as unhealthy diet, excess medication, stress and more. Therefore, this pattern of hair loss could be controlled through an advanced technological approach, choosing high equipped hair loss treatment methods.
What is Scarring Alopecia?
Scarring alopecia is a joint disorder that affects hair growth and is diagnosed in 3% of hair loss patients. This disorder is otherwise called Cicatricial alopecia. This can happen to everybody irrespective of gender and age. However, the disturbance in our body can be caused by the medicines and other treatments used in systemic autoimmune diseases, fibromyalgia, etc.
This disease can be a part of much larger health issues like chronic lupus erythematosus, which may infect the body’s organs.
Normal Hair Shedding:
On average, a person experiences up to 100 strands of hair fall every day, and the majority of the people have at least 100,000 strands of hair loss on their scalp in various stages of the growth cycle. Although, a significant amount of hair loss is not visible on the scalp. It is indeed unusual to find large amounts of hair strands falling off the brush, drain, or on your clothes indicated to be the initial stages of hair loss condition. Whereas, It is advisable to diagnose the very cause of the problem during the early stages in order to identify several health conditions that are directly applicable to hair loss and blading.
Top 6 Reasons for hair fall:
Finding reasons for excessive hair fall? Hence, several categories are contributing to the main reasons for hair loss:
- High levels of emotional and physical stress are one the main reasons for heavy hair loss.
- Medical and Vitamin deficiency especially for high blood pressure, anti-depression and radiation treatment for patients going through chemotherapy
- Incorrect hair styling practices, such as wearing tight ponytails or cornrows and very often using more electronic appliances like straightener and curler that mainly damages the tips of roots of the hair.
- Genetically induced male or female pattern hair loss balding.
- Suffering from Alopecia areata is the most well-known condition associated with hair loss as it is an autoimmune disease that destroys hair follicles, causing major reasons for hair loss.
- Other hormonal changes like pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, or thyroid issues are such factors that can significantly lead to hair fall.
Hair regrowth treatment which can help:
- Healthy Diet – Maintaining a well-balanced diet reduces the risk of androgenic alopecia. All you need to do is consume food products like parsley, basil, salad greens. Moreover, some of the healthy diets also include eggs, nuts, beans, peas, fish, low-fat dairy products. Therefore, adding Vitamin A part of your meal increases the rate of hair growth as it has been composed in part of retinoids, and it aids in sebum production, keeping the scalp healthier and retained from hair growth.
- Supplements – Did you know? Each strand of hair is made up of cells that contain a protein called “Keratin” and it becomes a compulsion to constantly nourish your hair with the right properties of vitamins and minerals to have a healthy strong hair. Thus, experts offer supplements containing high fibre of vitamins, minerals, iron, selenium, and zinc that are all critical to hair regrowth.
- Medical treatments – For people with genetic hair fall and loss due to chemotherapy, the low-level lasers may help improve hair density. You can say it is red light therapy, and it will help stimulate epidermal stem cells. However, it is important to take consultation from the certified dermatologist for further procedure. At Dermiq, we ensure in providing a thoroughly detailed information regarding all the possible treatments that will improve your hair fall issue.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) Treatment- This kind of treatment method has taken over the medical field by producing an impeccable result to hair growth. It is a non-surgical hair loss treatment, considerably for both men and women. PRP therapy works by injecting a concentrated blood plasma containing the patient’s platelets in order to enhance the musculoskeletal issue and heal injured tendons. However, these activated plasma platelets play a key role in the body’s natural healing process and help stimulate the growth factor to increase the number of reparative cells produced.
Actions to reduce hair loss as per PRP hair treatment:
- Regularly wash your hair with mild shampoo- The best way of keeping hair and scalp clean is by regularly washing the hair as it helps in lowering the risk of infections and dandruff that may cause hair breakage or loss.
- Scalp massage with essential oils- For a couple of minutes, those who have been experiencing hair loss for some time now must massage the scalp as it circulates your hair follicles and keep them active.
- Avoid brushing wet hair- Hair is in its weakest state when it is damp. So, using a comb in wet hair increases the chances of hair loss. On the other hand, curly and wavy hair texture could switch to using a wide-toothed comb to avoid breakage of hair follicle.
Regarding more details of PPR treatment and more. You can consult our highly-skilled professional at Dermiq, who would be delighted to offer the best solution to your hair loss and balding issue.
In case you are experiencing sudden or extreme hair loss, feel free to contact us!
20 ways to reduce hair loss in men – Times of India. Retrieved from https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health-news/Hair-care-20-Ways-to-reduce-hair-loss-in-men/articleshow/20025393.cms
Everything You Need to Know About Hair Loss. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/hair-loss#TOC_TITLE_HDR_1
Hair Loss: Treatment, Causes, Types, Home Remedies & Prevention. Retrieved from https://www.medicinenet.com/hair_loss/article.htm
Hair Loss Prevention: 22 Things You Can Do to Stop Your Hair Loss. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/hair-loss-prevention#1
Publishing, H. Hair Loss – Harvard Health. Retrieved from https://www.health.harvard.edu/a_to_z/hair-loss-a-to-z